A robot just for $100 might seem a gimmick but it is not. Made on a minimal profit no loss kind of business model for reasons not revealed; Thymio 2 is an educational robot designed by Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) Lausanne in Switzerland in collaboration with the Ecole Cantonale d’Art de Lausanne (écal). Targeted especially for people with limited or no experience with robotics in the past, it is a bunch of sensors, actuators and other electronic components put together in a compact little robot.
The interactivity of the robot is based on light and capacitive touch sensors which provoke a certain action and in a way increases the users understanding of basically how robotics works. Programmed in Aseba and developed in the framework of NCCR Robotics program ; Thymio 2 is a huge improvement on the original Thymio robot.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- iQi Mobile wireless charger for iOS devices - November 29, 2013
- BriefSkate Mini V2 skateboard has shock-resistant storage space inside - November 29, 2013
- Does Ladybug 3D printed keyboard piano tingle your music taste buds? - November 27, 2013
- rSeat RS1 gaming simulator for Gran Turismo racing mania - November 25, 2013
- Supercool Batmobile Tumbler case for iPhone 5/5s - November 22, 2013