Building a custom-made bicycle could be as easy and entertaining as solving a jigsaw puzzle, thanks to the build-it-yourself D-Bike by Wei-Chih Hsu. Made with pre-cut reinforced honeycomb cardboard sheet that is punched out with all components so that a bike can be assembled by fixing the right slots, exactly like you’d do with a jigsaw puzzle. Kids with assistance from parents can fix the pre-cut cardboard sheet to make a bicycle for themselves, which they can even decorate with drawings of different things on the provided self-adhesive paper that can be attached to the bike to make it different from the others.
The D-Bike, which makes building a bike fun and easy, targets enhancing the parent-child relationship and was awarded with 2012 Red Dot Design award. The fun of making your own unique bike cannot get any better and cheaper for kids that the D-Bike.
Via: Red Dot Design
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- DIY multi-tool with 8GB USB drive is modern man’s Swiss Knife - December 9, 2013
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013