World’s smallest x86 Quad Core System is here courtesy VIA Technologies (innovator of computing platforms) and it goes by the name ARTiGO A1250. Having a 1.0 GHz QuadCore processor and the all new VIA VX11H media system processor (MSP) housed inside a thin chassis, the size of a paperback novel, this quad core system is very compact. Perfect for a variety of applications like home use, office work, hotel automation, media streaming or surveillance; the VIA ARTiGO A1250 system comes with 3D stereoscopic and HD display support. The power consumption is also very minimal at 32W TDP.
The VIA ARTiGO A1250 leverages the VIA VX11H MSP to deliver an immersive multimedia experience complete with 3D stereoscopic and HD display support in a low power envelope, which a typical power consumption of a mere 32W TDP. The VIA ARTiGO A1200 can fit easily into any environment, whether it is behind a monitor or on the wall with a 10 x 10 cm VESA mount or placed alongside other home media devices. For system developers, VIA provides third party software security through a unique hardware/software design.
“By leveraging the ultra compact Pico-ITX form factor, the VIA ARTiGO A1250 is able to deliver a powerful x86 quad core computing experience in the smallest system design on the market,” said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. “The VIA ARTiGO A1250 boasts the latest technology with 3D stereoscopic display and USB 3.0 support for an unparalleled ultra compact computing experience, making small truly beautiful.”
VIA ARTiGO A1250-
The VIA ARTiGO A1250 is the slimmest full featured quad core system on the market today with an ultra low-profile design measuring a mere 17.7cm x 12.5cm x 3.0cm (W X D X H), a full ten percent smaller than the VIA ARTiGO A1150 series. A power efficient 1.0GHz VIA QuadCore E-Series processor is combined with the latest highly integrated all-in-one VIA VX11H MSP which features the integrated VIA Chromotion 5.0 video processor with DX11 support for richer textures and 3D stereoscopic display. The VIA ARTiGO A1250 delivers an exceptional multimedia experience with advanced filtering and cutting edge post-processing to perform ultra-smooth decoding of H.264, MPEG-2, VC-1, and WMV9 for smooth playback of the most demanding multimedia titles at resolutions up to 1080p without incurring a heavy CPU load.
The unique dual-sided I/O coastline interface includes one HDMI and one VGA display port, one GigaLAN Ethernet port, two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports, audio jacks (Line-in/out and mic-in) and 12V DC-in power.
• 1.0GHz VIA QuadCore E-Series processor
• Up to 8GB of DDR3 1333 SDRAM SODIMM
• Quiet, ultra slim profile design (only 3cm high)
• Latest VIA VX11H media system processor with DirectX11 support
• Flawless 3D and HD video performance up to 1080p
• Supports one 2.5″ SATA HDD or Flash SSD installation
• HDMI & VGA display ports with dual independent display support
• Rich I/O: HDMI, VGA, 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, GigaLAN, Audio-in/out/mic-in
• Supports Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES), WES2009 & Linux based operating systems
• Supports 100mm x 100mm VESA mount
• DC jack strap holder
• Average power consumption of 27W TDP
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Pen-shaped Bluetooth headset functions as stylus - March 10, 2014
- Moff wearable smart toy converts anything into a playable object for unstoppable fun - March 10, 2014
- Seven – A wooden sculpture of Michael Schumacher’s F1 Ferrari F2004 car - March 10, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Glass to have palm projected keyboard - March 8, 2014
- Create lampshades while riding your bicycle - March 8, 2014