Demonstrating the potential of 3D printing and the kind of materials that can be produced using it, Rotite (company specializing in modular fixing technology) revealed their latest creation, sets of fasteners and connectors. Deemed as the strongest fasteners and connectors so far they can support the weight of a full adult without snapping. It almost reminds me of the starting scene of the Ace Ventura movie where the animal lover is unable to save life of the raccoon as the fastener snaps! All this strength is attributed to the strength of design provided by layered 3D printing method. Just like any other normal fastener or connector, these 3D printed fasteners consist of 2 small clips with male and female groove and when the two surfaces are interlocked by a 90 degree turn then it is virtually impossible to break it.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Replica Ferrari P4 is even better than the real thing - December 12, 2013
- iQi Mobile wireless charger for iOS devices - November 29, 2013
- BriefSkate Mini V2 skateboard has shock-resistant storage space inside - November 29, 2013
- Does Ladybug 3D printed keyboard piano tingle your music taste buds? - November 27, 2013
- rSeat RS1 gaming simulator for Gran Turismo racing mania - November 25, 2013