Thus far we have seen electric wheelchairs that a bit reluctant to take a detour from the conventional stigma of medical apparatus with its simple yet innovative design that makes it more of a Smart Chair rather than wheelchair. Keeping safety as paramount factors for the design cues, this Smart Chair by Posco is aptly the winner of Red Dot Design Award 2012 in design concept category. The magnesium frame of Smart Chair keeps the overall weight under check and also the option to separate body and seat parts for easy portability and transportation to other locations. Having high maneuverability this wheelchair can be taken to any tight spaces and the wheelbase extends outwards as the speed increases for creating greater stability.
For commuting in the dark hours of the day it also has headlights and taillights. There is enough hidden storage capacity in the compartment provided to keep your things and also a cradle for communication devices. There is also a space to attach bags on the bag side to keep the seating area free from any clutter for user’s comfort.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Ugly looking isopod themed iPhone 5 case - December 21, 2013
- Hot rod made from 500,000 Legos with fully functional air-powered Lego engine - December 20, 2013
- Christmas gift ideas: Performance enhancing gizmos for sportspersons - December 19, 2013
- Replica McLaren F1 supercar made by Top Gear fan for just £20,000 - December 18, 2013
- Apple’s desk-free computer with intelligent projection system - December 18, 2013