2013 Tokyo Auto Salon in mid-January will showcase some of the hottest automobiles that are all set to mesmerize you; but a niche offering there would be the Limited Edition Subaru (and its STI division) mechanical watch. Produced in a limited number of 300 units the STI-branded timepiece will be on show during the show accompanied by a very special band adjustment tool. As opposed to some other Limited Edition watches that have quartz assisted electronic movement, this one will have mechanical movement powered by the operation of gears.
The watch shows current time for various international locations including the Nurburgring. The power-reserve counter of this watch is in the shape of a fuel gauge located at the six o’clock position and the window on both sides shows the gear shaped like a boxer engine piston, which by the way is damn cool. 30 of these limited edition pieces are going to be on offer at the 2013 Auto Salon for the price of 59,325 Yen ($710) and the rest of them will be later on available for sale.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Pen-shaped Bluetooth headset functions as stylus - March 10, 2014
- Moff wearable smart toy converts anything into a playable object for unstoppable fun - March 10, 2014
- Seven – A wooden sculpture of Michael Schumacher’s F1 Ferrari F2004 car - March 10, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Glass to have palm projected keyboard - March 8, 2014
- Create lampshades while riding your bicycle - March 8, 2014