For all who like hitting the big-waves with inflatable vests comes a revolutionary Portable Self-Inflation vest, which is poised to take big-wave surfing and the purpose of life jackets into new realms. Developed and tested by Patagonia in collaboration with to Patagonia’s ambassador and big-wave surfer Kohl Christenson, the PSI or the Portable Self-Inflation vest is a result of 18 odd months of rigorous experiments and tests. The PSI vest is very neatly designed with three key attributes: to fit beneath a host of wetsuits, support four inflations and features an air release valve to keep the wearer swim while inflated and sink into the water when deflated.
PSI vest is thus a life saving jacket which is mandatory for guys going out in the big-waves. The vest provide four different inflation levels and also the air release valve that lets the user deflate the vest in case they need to go underwater to avoid a oncoming wave. Presented to big-wave surfers at the Big Wave Risk Assessment Summit in Hawaii the PSI vest is only a prototype in the testing phase for now, but it could be a great life saver for injured, unconscious and pro surfers when it becomes a commercial product.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- DIY multi-tool with 8GB USB drive is modern man’s Swiss Knife - December 9, 2013
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013