Come CES 2013 and we’ll see some wonderful new consumer gadgets that we will buy throughout the coming year. Amid all the existing gadgets we’ll also see a steering wheel designed with biometric sensors by Neusoft Automotive in collaboration with Aerotel Medical Systems. The steering wheel with biometric sensors provides safety and health related data of drivers. The steering wheel is able to measure the heartbeat and blood oxygen saturation of the driver touching the (invisible sensor-enabled) steering wheel. This collected data will allow medics to understand the health status of the driver.
Designers confirm that the use of biometric sensors on the steering wheel in no way hamper the movement and the comfort of driving. Neusoft Automotive first demonstrated the biometric sensors embedded steering wheel at the GENIVI 7th All Members Meeting (AMM) in Shanghai in October last year. Now, considering the positive reactions it has received, the makers will showcase the special steering wheel at the CES 2013 in Los Vegas.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- DIY multi-tool with 8GB USB drive is modern man’s Swiss Knife - December 9, 2013
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013