If there was any ultimate iPhone, iPod accessory we music aficionados were waiting for, the RØDE iXY has to be it. Announced by RØDE Microphones at the CES 2013, the iXY is the world’s highest quality microphone for the iPhone, iPad and iPod. The mic comes with a 30-pin connector which allows high quality recording at over 24-bit/96kHz. For the amazingly smooth and accurate recording the iXY uses high-fidelity analog to digital conversion and features a matched pair of ½-inch cardioid condenser capsules fixed within with perfect 90 degree near-coincident alignment.
The small form factor and compact design with high quality output, the RØDE iXY is the perfect microphone attachment for the iPhone et al. to record live music, meetings and lectures etc. What makes the iXY fun is that it can also be hocked onto a DSLR camera. The iXY is accompanied with RØDE Rec, an app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (available on App Store). The app allows complete control of the iXY, which is perfect for recording accurately in noisy and quiet surroundings.
Priced at $199, the RØDE iXY comes with a rugged zip pocket to be lugged around all the time. Considering the specs and breathtaking audio quality that the iXY offers, its perhaps the best recording microphone for iPhone, iPod available out there.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Shockwave, world’s fastest jet-powered truck hits speeds approaching 400mph - February 18, 2014
- CES 2014: Dell tops out 28-inch UltraSharp 4K monitor for $699 - January 10, 2014
- CES 2014: LaCie Culbuto Flash Drive springs back up when knocked down - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Ultra-low power AMD Nano PC measures as small as a smartphone - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1S smart, waterproof flagship Android smartphone on T-Mobile - January 8, 2014