CES 2013: Sony introduces Smartphone controlled in-car entertainment line
WX-GT90BT, a new update in the field of in-car entertainment line by Sony has taken the market by storm. This product is a new double-CD-receiver that combines consumers’ car audio assets and Smartphone applications into a single source. The main advantage of the feature is that the CD receiver could be controlled from the car audio system or any other compatible smartphone available.
The innovative product could be used with Sony’s remote application for USB connected iPhones and Bluetooth connected Android phones. Its usage is very simple and once it is downloaded to the compatible smartphones, the applications turn connected smartphones into touchscreen remotes. Drivers would find convenience while driving the car as the audio system would work on the lines of smartphone functions. The most important thing worth note is that the app remote is free of charge for Google Play and Apple App Store members.
• Incorporated Bluetooth: WX-GT90BT CD-receiver has a built-in Bluetooth technology along with a Bluetooth hands free calling, head unit support that allows wireless playback, track control and display of song information from Bluetooth enabled MP3 players or smartphones.
• Pandora Radio control: The feature helps in controlling Pandora streaming content through connected iPhone, Android and Blackberry phones and enabling drivers to enjoy richer and customized audio settings on the radio.
• Sirius XM organization: The systems use SXV200 Sirius XM Connect Vehicle Turner kit (sold separately). SXV200V1 is the first Sirius XM Vehicle Turner that could receive extended channel line up from Sirius XM with exclusive programming that could provide more commercial free music, sports, comedy.
• Double-DIN size: This feature allows users to use Double DIN space as an audio solution in dash board.
• Resourceful front USB 1-wire cable: Listeners could charge their Walkman, iPod, Android, Blackberry or other compatible USB devices while addressing digital files using front panel USB input.
• High power volume: The product is equipped with a new GS Series 8-inch XS-GS80L subwoofer (single voice coil) with 900 W peak power and 280 rated power handling that offers superior sound quality. It has powerful MRC Honeycomb diaphragm that provides low distortion in sound.
Apart from this, a new GS Series 8-inch subwoofer, XS-GS80L is also launched that is on display along with WX-GT90BT at Sony’s CES booth number 1409.