We’ve seen a few of these iPhone scanner docks, so we don’t expect anything existing anymore in the department. But spare a thought for the iScamil mini, it’s a scanner for the iPhone and also works as a charging dock for your device. Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (all running iOS5 upwards), the iScamil mini, takes in an A6 size paper and scans photos, postcards, receipts, notes and documents etc in JPEG format directly from iPhone or iPod touch in 600dpi resolution.
Weighing in at about 400g, the iScamil mini works i-Scan mini by Mustek Systems Inc. The scanner also works as an iPhone cradle and can be used to charge the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. The iScamil mini only available in Japan for now, comes with USB cable, lens cleaner and printable sheets and is priced at about 14,800 Yen (approx. $160)
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Shockwave, world’s fastest jet-powered truck hits speeds approaching 400mph - February 18, 2014
- CES 2014: Dell tops out 28-inch UltraSharp 4K monitor for $699 - January 10, 2014
- CES 2014: LaCie Culbuto Flash Drive springs back up when knocked down - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Ultra-low power AMD Nano PC measures as small as a smartphone - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1S smart, waterproof flagship Android smartphone on T-Mobile - January 8, 2014