As a part of the USC: Open Source 3D Printed Virtual Projects, The University of Southern California; a DIY 3D printed mobile viewer for smartphone that enables viewing of 3D content for that immersive virtual and augmented reality experience just like you are accustomed to with the conventional 3D viewing platforms. Currently the 3D printed VR2GO mobile viewer is compatible with all versions of Apple iPhone and can be used for making virtual reality applications for training, education, health and fitness, entertainment and more.
Interestingly you can build one for yourself by downloading the hardware and software files if you have access to a 3D printer or can get it 3D printed from someone.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Pen-shaped Bluetooth headset functions as stylus - March 10, 2014
- Moff wearable smart toy converts anything into a playable object for unstoppable fun - March 10, 2014
- Seven – A wooden sculpture of Michael Schumacher’s F1 Ferrari F2004 car - March 10, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Glass to have palm projected keyboard - March 8, 2014
- Create lampshades while riding your bicycle - March 8, 2014