ToyLabs Inc. (Silicon Valley start-up) has unveiled the world’s first ever solar powered toy called Volta Racer having flexible polycrystalline silicon solar panel that captures sunlight to power up the toy. As a initiative to make children learn the advantages of green power and harnessing the sun’s energy to power up future gadgets ToyLabs has made the solar powered toy from eco-friendly recyclable damage resistant materials cut at roundish angles so that it does not cause any damage to the kids. Interestingly the toy racer can be assembled in as little as 15 minutes, giving more insight on how kids can learn the basic concepts of solar electricity and mechanical engineering. Volta Racer can traverse easily on any terrain and only moves in either a straight line or roundish path depending on the setting of axle by the user.
Not being remote controlled by the user is a bit of down-side for this environmentally friendly toy but I’m sure some geek will fix that in no time with his nifty hack. For now you can purchase Volta Racer for USD $25 in five color options and have fun with your kids, making them realize the importance of harnessing natural sources of energy in the not-so-distant future.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Glass to have palm projected keyboard - March 8, 2014
- Create lampshades while riding your bicycle - March 8, 2014
- Transparent Vibso headphones that transmit crystal clear audio - March 8, 2014
- Bateske Arduboy: Interactive business card gaming console that plays Tetris - March 7, 2014
- Play golf in night time with motion activated Light-up LED Golf Ball - March 7, 2014