The very awesome, all wooden Sman Cruiser bike was the most innovative bicycles we’d seen until today when we came across this really cool, all wooden bike from Yojiro Oshima of the Craft & Industrial Department at Musashino Art University in Tokyo. This 100% wooden bicycle, made entirely from hand as his final year project by Oshima, comes complete with wooden frame, wooden handlebars, wooden saddle and even wooden wheels – now, beat this? The wooden frame and the seat of the bike our finely customized to provide the rider with optimal level of comfort.
In order to create something really out of the future, Oshima experimented endlessly with various materials, before he came up with the final handlebar structure that comes with integrated armrests and tri spoke-style wheels (known as “baton” wheels ) with curved spokes to absorb impacts. There’s no word on anything more than the all wooden bike being only a prototype, but we’d really love to see this wooden bike realize soon.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Attach Blocks together to build your own customized smartwatch - March 11, 2014
- Shockwave, world’s fastest jet-powered truck hits speeds approaching 400mph - February 18, 2014
- CES 2014: Dell tops out 28-inch UltraSharp 4K monitor for $699 - January 10, 2014
- CES 2014: LaCie Culbuto Flash Drive springs back up when knocked down - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Ultra-low power AMD Nano PC measures as small as a smartphone - January 9, 2014