Breva is going to showcase their limited edition wristwatch that is world’s first watch to feature an altitude meter and weather forecasting barometric pressure which is good news for adventure freaks who know how weather conditions can change within minutes on mountain tops. Having power reserve indications and patented proprietary movement developed by Jean-Francois Mojon/Chronode for Breva; Genie 01 comes in a limited number of 55 pieces in white gold and 55 pieces in 4N pink gold make.
The hour and minute hands of the Genie 01 watch are displayed on a semi-transparent smoky-sapphire sub dial at 8 o’clock position and the seconds shown below 12 o’clock position. The barometric pressure is indicated on the semi-transparent smoky-sapphire sub dial at 2 o’clock position and there are icons that display the scientifically derived forecast predictions of the coming hours in the day.
The slightest change in air pressure is indicated by the anaerobic capsule (developed to Breva’s specifications for optimized precision) made from special non-magnetic memory-metal which is lighter and stronger than aluminum, at 6 o’clock position making this watch your own weather prediction station on the go.
# Breva Genie 01 wristwatch specifications
• Altitude display reads from -300 to +5,300 meters
• Barometric display ranges between 973 and 1053 hectopascals (hPa)
• Dimensions: 44,7 mm X 15.6 mm
• Winding setting crown at 9 o’clock
• Smoked sapphire with galvanic growth text on the dial
• Hand-made strap made from alligator leather
• Water resistant up to 30 meters Air equalizer with moisture resisting osmosis membrane Teflon fabric around titanium rim
• Number of jewels embedded is 46
• Spiral anti-vibration spring: LIGA by Mimotech
• Power reserve of 65 hours
Breva will show the Genie 01 watch at Basel World 2013 and the price of CHF 145,000 (USD $153326) for the pink gold and CHF 150,000 (USD $158613) for the white gold; making it an exclusive wristwatch for the elite class.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Pen-shaped Bluetooth headset functions as stylus - March 10, 2014
- Moff wearable smart toy converts anything into a playable object for unstoppable fun - March 10, 2014
- Seven – A wooden sculpture of Michael Schumacher’s F1 Ferrari F2004 car - March 10, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Glass to have palm projected keyboard - March 8, 2014
- Create lampshades while riding your bicycle - March 8, 2014