The world’s first personal chronometer with an on board atomic clock and accuracy of 1.5 seconds every 1000 years is here courtesy Hoptroff. The movement for this amazing timepiece is all due to the Quantum SA.45s chip scale atomic clock made by Symmetricom, the high-precision timekeeing gadgetry making US Company. Incredibly the watch has a temperature controlled caesium gas chamber long with a laser to heat the radioactive atoms and microwave resonator to detect emissions from atoms electron. This very energy from the electrons accounts for the clock’s beat.
The watch has hermetically sealed RS-232 interfaced SA.45s has difference between two successive time readings which is microscopically small. The power reserve for this Hoptroff watch comes courtesy lithium ion battery via a micro USB port. With functions like Bluetooth radio, plus humidity, temperature, magnetometer and pressure sensors make up this amazing atomic watch having 28 dials in total. Hoptroff plans to make a dozen of these watches initially and since SA.45s is small at 40 x 34.8 x 11.3mm; so Hoptroff’s mechanism has been designed for pocket watches.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- iQi Mobile wireless charger for iOS devices - November 29, 2013
- BriefSkate Mini V2 skateboard has shock-resistant storage space inside - November 29, 2013
- Does Ladybug 3D printed keyboard piano tingle your music taste buds? - November 27, 2013
- rSeat RS1 gaming simulator for Gran Turismo racing mania - November 25, 2013
- Supercool Batmobile Tumbler case for iPhone 5/5s - November 22, 2013