If you have terrible smelling feet and bad breath problems then you better not get anywhere near this female humanoid and dog robot made by CrazyLabo and the Kitakyushu National College of Technology, both of which are based in Fukuoka Prefecture. The robots, Kaori-chan (breath smelling robot) and Shuntaro-kun (feet smelling robot) have been designed to make people aware about their cleaning habits by making strong remarks which will surely prompt you to take preemptive action before someone else points it to you, embarrassing you to bits.
Depending on the extremity of your bad breath, Kaori-chan can pass remarks such as Yuck! You have bad breath!, No way! I can’t stand it! Or even Emergency! There’s an emergency taking place! That’s beyond the limit of patience. While on the other hand Shuntaro-kun, the feet smelling robot dog has Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 playing in the background as it goes on smelling your feet, evaluating the intensity of odor on a scale of one to four. Unlike the female robot, this dog robot does pass any remarks (obviously it is a dog how can it speak!) rather it gives expression like cuddling up, barking, growling or passing out which indicates whether the robotic dog liked the smell or was it too much him to take.
Both these robots have been developed to make people smile after the Great East Japan Earthquake in March 11, 2011. Interestingly CrazyLabo is also developing a Pinocchio robot, whose nose grows long if you tell a lie by monitoring the brain waves to detect lies.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- Pole dancing robots shake their booty at CeBIT expo 2014 - March 13, 2014
- Hyperspectral camera detects skin cancer in under 5 seconds - March 13, 2014
- Flexy-Hand is a 3D printed prosthetic hand with stretchable artificial tendons - March 13, 2014
- DIY project: Flexible Lego keyboard with tactile key feedback - March 13, 2014
- Ultra customizable rSeat RS1 racing simulator - March 13, 2014