Given its durability, relatively inexpensive cost and amazing effectiveness, the AK-47 rifle is the most smuggled gun worldwide, but did you know you could easily assemble an AK-47 at home and have a completely legal and untraceable semi-automatic gun of your own? Well, this is exactly what Bryan Schatz, reporter at Mother Jones has demonstrated. Schatz bought a (easily available) kit and assembled and built an AK-47 at a build party in Los Angeles, California. The popular military grade weapon has been assembled and made with pieces legally purchased online.
With the help of the gun community (at a gun build party), it took Schatz about 8 hours to build his AK-47. Schatz informs, the weapon kit fit into a 15-by-12-inch cardboard box and that purchase of the materials and its assembly is all legal. Schatz, after assembling the gun took it out for testing in the Mojave Desert in California.
What has really surprised Schatz in the process of building his own AK-47 is that it is illegal to import the deadly weapon into the US, but weapon kit is legal for sale and build parties, like one he attended, are legal too.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013
- 6-feet, 300 pound Atlas Robot to save lives in disasters - December 3, 2013