When it comes to commuting emissions free in the near future, we will all be heading back to our bicycles. In such a scenario, electric bikes, which combine benefits of cycling with the convenience of a scooter, will be the most useful. Making its presence felt in the long list of electric bikes out there is the very innovative LIFEbike – a lightweight, chainless and foldable electric bike which lets you commute emissions-free, without breaking into sweat.
Weighing as little as 15kgs (33lbs) including battery, the Revelo Bikes Inc.’s LIFEbike was designer and CEO Henry Chong’s thesis project for OCAD University’s industrial design program, it is now a working prototype which will be on display at the MaRS Discovery District in Toronto, Canada today (May 27). Watch out for Chong, who will be travelling to the press conference on his LIFEbike.
The fun and comfortable electric bike folds easily for storage (in car or condo or even for carrying while walking) and can reach speeds of up to 25 km/h. Revelo Bikes is looking to crowd fund initial 20 LIFEbikes (each limited edition bike costing $1800), for which they plan to run a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- DIY multi-tool with 8GB USB drive is modern man’s Swiss Knife - December 9, 2013
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013