So, what’s the best you’ve seen a golf cart run? Street legal golf carts well-equipped with headlights, turn signals and seat belts, can go as fast as 25mph or slightly more, but a custom made golf car powered by a 200hp Hayabusa engine can go as fast as 100mph. Built by Chris of Spring Hill, Florida, the handmade golf cart features a four-cylinder engine from a 1999 Hayabusa and has speedometer and other gages, the fan and ignition switches all extracted from the Hayabusa.
The Hayabusa golf cart comes complete with a six-speed gearbox, and a chain driven final drive. The golf cart is perfectly street legal in Florida, therefore, Chris plans to customize Hayabusa golf cart for enthusiasts who wish to own a nifty four-wheeled cart that’s meant for a lot more than just the greens. There’s a disc brake and a set of wheelie bars installed on the cart to keep the power under control when the rider is in quest of 100mph.
Hit the jump to see a video interview with the owner trying to explain how he made it and also enjoy the cart speeding at 100 mile an hour.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- 6-feet, 300 pound Atlas Robot to save lives in disasters - December 3, 2013
- Hardwrk Massive Dock for iPhone is handmade from concrete - November 27, 2013
- Wallet with built-In GPS and RFID blocking means valuables are safe forever - November 26, 2013
- Flying Jellyfish robot flaps its wings to stay afloat - November 25, 2013
- Revolution SmartWatch Phone is Android 4.0 smartphone on your wrist - November 23, 2013