To exemplify the relationship between humans and technology, product designer Kevin Lck set out on making a paper cardboard replica of Leica M3 camera as a part of the Ordinary Behavior project which features many other replicas too. The black and white color combination of this DIY cardboard camera replica in a way beats one other similar project by Marta Crass, which is a cardboard replica of Nikon SLR camera. From the front it looks impressive and when you turn it around there is a surprise which is the core of this creation.
‘Ordinary Behavior’ is a project about the unhealthy relationship between human and technology in an everyday context. I have created a set of five illustrative objects as the tools of revealing the absurd situations. They are all made of paper cardboard and appear to be everyday electronic appliances and devices that can be found in our domestic environment, however, their interiors are modified into miniaturized human scaled space. I seeked to detach the audience from the real world temporarily, provide them with a space to rethink and reconsider the way we behave and think about the relationship between ourselves, objects and environment with technology in a more conscious way.
On the back side the camera is housing for miniature human scaled space which features a portrayal of painters den having painting canvas. Apart from this paper cardboard camera creation Kevin has also created keyboard, microwave, switch, television and iPhone using paper cardboard, have a look below.
Latest posts by Gaurav (see all)
- iQi Mobile wireless charger for iOS devices - November 29, 2013
- BriefSkate Mini V2 skateboard has shock-resistant storage space inside - November 29, 2013
- Does Ladybug 3D printed keyboard piano tingle your music taste buds? - November 27, 2013
- rSeat RS1 gaming simulator for Gran Turismo racing mania - November 25, 2013
- Supercool Batmobile Tumbler case for iPhone 5/5s - November 22, 2013