French automaker Peugeot has amazed us enough times in the past, and this time automaker’s industrial design wing, Peugeot Design Lab has designed a high-tech surfboard concept to blow away our minds. Scheduled to be debuted at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK (11-14 July), the GTi Surfboard (as it’s called) draws inspiration from Peugeot’s recent performance cars – 208 GTi, RCZ R and Onyx Concept.
The GTi Surfboard is carved in two distinct shapes (the front and back) and is designed into a ‘coupe franche’ (clean cut) shape. The front of the board is carved from natural wood and symbolizes emotions, while the tail end of the board represents motion and is made in carbon fiber. Outside of fins on the tail is pained with red racing-stripes and has two inner fins to assist agile ride quality. Sadly, there is no word on whether the concept will ever see the light of the day.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Shockwave, world’s fastest jet-powered truck hits speeds approaching 400mph - February 18, 2014
- CES 2014: Dell tops out 28-inch UltraSharp 4K monitor for $699 - January 10, 2014
- CES 2014: LaCie Culbuto Flash Drive springs back up when knocked down - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Ultra-low power AMD Nano PC measures as small as a smartphone - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1S smart, waterproof flagship Android smartphone on T-Mobile - January 8, 2014