French automaker Peugeot has amazed us enough times in the past, and this time automaker’s industrial design wing, Peugeot Design Lab has designed a high-tech surfboard concept to blow away our minds. Scheduled to be debuted at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK (11-14 July), the GTi Surfboard (as it’s called) draws inspiration from Peugeot’s recent performance cars – 208 GTi, RCZ R and Onyx Concept.
The GTi Surfboard is carved in two distinct shapes (the front and back) and is designed into a ‘coupe franche’ (clean cut) shape. The front of the board is carved from natural wood and symbolizes emotions, while the tail end of the board represents motion and is made in carbon fiber. Outside of fins on the tail is pained with red racing-stripes and has two inner fins to assist agile ride quality. Sadly, there is no word on whether the concept will ever see the light of the day.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013
- 6-feet, 300 pound Atlas Robot to save lives in disasters - December 3, 2013