To tickle our geek sense, Quantum Mechanix or QMx as they are better know, have created a replica of the U.S.S. Vengeance in honor of the 2013 blockbuster Star Trek Into Darkness. The Dreadnought is actually a 1:1600 scale model and the largest replica starship by QMx ever. Measuring 36 inches long, 18 inches wide and 8.5 inches high (height increases to 14 inches when mounted on a mirrored display base), the U.S.S. Vengeance is completely handmade in about two-hundred hours.
The U.S.S. Vengeance is equipped with remote controlled 100 LEDs along with all kinds of weapons, warp, impulse and running lights. The base of the spaceship is mirrored and features light and sounds to make it easier for the viewers to see the ship from all angles. QMx allows you to customize your own U.S.S. Vengeance, and each artisan is available for $$9,995 each. QMx is also planning a collector’s model, which will be an actual replica much smaller in size and scanty in features for $100. The artisan U.S.S. Vengeance will come packed in hand-built foam packed wooden crate.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Shockwave, world’s fastest jet-powered truck hits speeds approaching 400mph - February 18, 2014
- CES 2014: Dell tops out 28-inch UltraSharp 4K monitor for $699 - January 10, 2014
- CES 2014: LaCie Culbuto Flash Drive springs back up when knocked down - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Ultra-low power AMD Nano PC measures as small as a smartphone - January 9, 2014
- CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1S smart, waterproof flagship Android smartphone on T-Mobile - January 8, 2014