Previously we have harped about solar powered cellphone chargers and even solar powered Bluetooth speakers. And, this time around, we have come across an equally ‘green’ conception that sort of combines the applications of both a charger and a speaker. We are of course talking about the newly released OnBeat solar powered headphone set. Tapping into the nigh perpetual realm of solar energy, these handy headphones can charge your smartphone, while you are busy listening to your favorite music, watching your choicest videos or even playing your precious games.
The OnBeat solar powered headphone set exhibits an ergonomic design with lightweight yet flexible ear-buds. As a matter of fact, these ear-buds are custom built to suit the ‘listening comfort’ of individual users. Of course beyond its design credentials, it is the integration of the solar powered mechanism that really tickles our fancy.
In that regard, the flexible solar cell is strategically integrated onto the upper curving surface area of the headband, thus allowing direct contact with sunlight. Having a volume of about 55 cubic cm, the sustainable power generated by the set-up comes to around 0.55W. This is stored in the lithium-ion batteries incorporated within the ear cups. And, in case you are worried about cloudy days, the headphone set can also be charged in a conventional manner via USB connection.
Finally, coming to the pricing of the OnBeat solar powered headphone, each set will set you back by £119 (or around $183). For more buying details, you can check their Kickstarter page and their home page.
Latest posts by Dattatreya Mandal (see all)
- Lumus DK-40 to have full augmented reality support with lens display - December 7, 2013
- Century 21 realtors’ ‘tongue in cheek’ video about drone delivery systems - December 7, 2013
- UpSki will allow you to ski upwards on a mountain, powered by natural wind - December 7, 2013
- Athos: A body suit that tracks our muscles for optimizing workouts - December 6, 2013
- Microsoft developing a smart bra that detects stress in women - December 6, 2013