To make lives a lot easier for fire fighters, Saudi researchers at the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) in collaboration with Korean company Hanol have successfully developed a fire extinguishing robotic cart that can reach heights and spaces not possible for human fire fighters. The firefighting robotic cart is remote controlled therefore besides reaching places beyond human access, the robot can also move between buildings and climb and descend stairs swiftly. This extraordinary prowess makes the robot worthy of use in rescue operations during natural calamities.
KACST robotic cart comes built-in with smart sensors and cameras. The sensor enable the bot to detect smoke and while the on board cameras allows the human bot controller(s) to see real time pictures and take calculated decisions. The robotic cart carries several active fire extinguishing cylinders, which it can automatically use to put out fire. The bot has a body that can withstand temperatures up to 700°C for about an hour (good enough time for fire fighters to take control of the situation).
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- DIY multi-tool with 8GB USB drive is modern man’s Swiss Knife - December 9, 2013
- Gerp Grip is pistol-style grip for tablets that doubles as a stand - December 7, 2013
- Own a PAL-V One flying car for $295,000 - December 5, 2013
- Shaggo Grom: World’s first carpet-embedded skateboard - December 5, 2013
- Honda’s airbag-equipped Smartphone Case N means your phone will survive any fall - December 5, 2013