Apple iPhone 6 catches fire, man suffers extreme burns!
Uptil now we have had iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Bendgate issue along with the Hairgate fiascso making all the news. But now things have got more serious as iPhone 6 caught fire too. The incident happened on 11 October when Philip Lechter’s brand new Apple iPhone 6 caught fire after a minor pedicab accident in Tucson, Ariz. The fire was so intense that it burned through his pants and boxers, thereby causing second degree burns on his leg.
The rickshaw like vehicle tipped over as the driver caught a trolley track in the road and lost balance. Philip and his family went to see a football game and on the way back decided to take the pedicab ride home.
When the pedicab tipped over it caused a puncture in the iPhone 6 battery and caused a massive fire. Bystanders helped put out the fire from Apple iPhone 6 which was badly bend like a safety pin and burned like toast.
Philip said that he had iPhone 6 leather case on the smartphone and that saved him from burning his fingers badly. Those who helped also suffered minor burns on the fingers.
As you can see in the pictures, the Apple iPhone 6 is burned quite badly and Philip has an 11.5 cm x 10.5 cm burn area on his leg, proving that it was caused by the smartphone.
This is quite surprising as Apple iPhone 6 caught fire itself and in the process bend too. Clearly proving that iPhone 6 has a weak frame that cannot withstand extreme heat or pressure conditions. Perhaps, another headache for Apple amongst all the other issues.