Apple Music has arrived and it’s impressive, here’s all that you need to know
Apple Music service was announced at WWDC 2015 for all the iOS devices and it was promised for an early arrival. That promise has been served as Apple launched the service along with Connect, Beats 1 Radio and Apple Music Radio service to beef-up the music streaming arena for Apple Music. This service will stream 24 hours of non-stop music that you like and comes with the unique way to connect with your favorite artists. Apple claims that the service will begin with over 30 million songs, going one-on-one with services such as Spotify.
- Apple Music is made for people who are looking to find good songs based on recommendations by collaborators like Ptichfork and DJ Mag
- The recommendations are mingled with the complex algorithms and Apple genre experts to provide the user with some kickass music collection
- Whenever a song is played on Apple Music you can tell whether or not you liked it. The app will then fine tune your playlist based on that
- You can share songs, playlists, albums and videos with your friends through popular social-networking portals like Facebook and twitter
- Siri works like a charm with the app and you can give voice command to play songs, playlists or albums and also add any one of them to your current playlists.
- Ability to save content temporarily for offline listening in regions with slow internet connectivity
Radio section of the app can be tweaked to play music based on your mood and activity during the day
Apple Music Connect lets artists share their music, lyrics, photos and videos with fans who can then share their views about each one of them. You can then further share these posts through Facebook, twitter or mail with your friends.
The $14.99 per month plan for family members can only be used with iTunes Family Sharing account which has the probability of accidental purchase by other family members.
Apple Music will be compatible with iOS 8.4 devices (iPhone and iPad), Apple Watch, Mac and Windows PCs. Compatibility for Android devices and Apple TVs is expected to arrive in coming months.
Apple Music will cost $9.99 per month for single user, $14.99 for family plan of up to six people. Initially the service will come in a three month free trial and thereafter you’ll have to pay for the service.
Apple Music is going to be available in U.S., Canada, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific, Africa, Latin America and Caribbean. It is to be noted that all of the features of Apple Music are not going to be available in each of the country. To know more about the listed countries where Apple Music will be available click here.
One can easily move the current Beats Music subscription to Apple Music and iTunes library can also be accessed from this service on your mobile devices.