Hands-on review: Smoovie pocket-sized video stabilizer for smartphone and action camera
It’s time for another review, and this time, it’s about a video stabilizer for your smartphone and GoPro. On first look, it might not look that useful, but this accessory is worth every penny. Smoovie pocket video stabilizer is ideal for people who like to create video content using their smartphone or action camera. The idea is to make smooth, jitter-free videos in the most seamless way possible. So let’s have a look at how this compact video stabilizer performed.
Smoovie is designed for compactness, and it does that very well. You can carry it in your backpack or a big pocket, and whenever the need arises, mount smartphone or action camera on it. The accessory is only big enough to do the job which makes it a well-designed product.
The video stabilizer does what it vouches for, giving you smooth video reproduction which can be handy at times. It will add more value to the videos you capture. You’ll see a noticeable difference in the video stability with Smoovie which makes it ideal for budding videographers.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Simple functionality
- Product quality is good
- Works with any smartphone
- Has a magnetic gimbal
- Digital camera can also be mounted on the stabilizer
- Mounting the phone can be an issue at times due to the volume rocker and power button location. If you don’t mount the phone from the center, it can create imbalance
- The user manual could be more explanatory
- Packaging could have been better especially if the product has to be shipped to far-off location
Accessory worth its value, especially if you want professional looking videos shot from your smartphone. Moreover, it is compact and lightweight, thereby making it ideal for adventure trips. You never know when you’ll need to make a video to capture the action, and what better if the video is smooth.